The Envirotech Group are delighted to have completed the design & build M&E services for two logistic warehouses at Birmingham Interchange.
- Envirotech Group delighted to have completed the design and build M&E services for two logistic warehouses at Birmingham Interchange
- Grade ‘A’ Warehouse and headquarters style office fit out. Building One 7,151 sqm, Building Two 21,648 sqm
- BREEAM ‘Excellent’
- Gas fired LTHW/Hot water including solar collectors
- Ventilation utilising high-efficiency mechanical ventilation heat recovery and extract systems
- Photovoltaic installation
- Rainwater collectors serving boosted greywater system
- 18 Week Programme
- 18,000 accident-free site hours
- On Budget & On Programme
Envirotech were appointed as the mechanical and electrical contractor to provide a design and build solution for a high-grade Cat A fit out. The project consisted of two buildings with three office spaces constructed consecutively and completed over an 18 week programme. This required close coordination of design, services installation and build programme.
The new development comprises of two logistics warehouse and headquarters style office space. As lettable space is a crucial factor, all major plant items are installed within elevated plant decks, this meant close coordination to ensure all M&E services were installed to meet specification, guidance and future service/maintenance requirements.
Due to the proximity of local residential properties, every care was taken to minimize construction disturbance. Site traffic, deliveries, working hours and processes were controlled throughout the programme.
The development covers a large area of land and required mindful logistics to ensure efficiencies and security. Temporary services required careful coordination and supplemented with additional measures to ensure changeovers, commissioning and hand over were achieved on programme.